Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Living away from home allowance

If you live far away from your place of employment, your employer can pay you a living away from home allowance for the inconvenience (see Compliance Toolkit from ATO). But if you pay for your own accommodation under this situation, then under FCT v Green and FCT v Toms, your accommodation is private expense, and is not deductible.

Another craziness in our ol' tax system.


Post a Comment

<< Home